photo of attorney R. Richard Croce


I'm here to make sure yours is the best.

  1. Home
  2.  → 
  3. Bankruptcy
  4.  → Foreclosure Prevention And Mediation

Keep Your Home By Stopping Foreclosure

Filing for bankruptcy protection may stop a foreclosure and can be an effective tool to help you keep your home. Though bankruptcy may not be the best legal or financial solution for some homeowners, at R. Richard Croce, LLC, I can help determine which options will best benefit your family. I have over 25 years of legal experience and have helped hundreds of clients keep their homes in Connecticut.

What Is Foreclosure Mediation?

The state of Connecticut offers a foreclosure mediation program for homeowners who are in foreclosure. The program can help homeowners who are struggling financially to obtain affordable mortgage payments. The mediation process is overseen by the court. Lenders are required to participate so long as your request for mediation is timely. If you have been served with a foreclosure complaint, call my office to schedule your free initial consultation.

In order to be eligible for the mediation program:

  • The subject property must be your primary residence
  • The subject property must be a one- to four-family residence
  • You must be the owner of the subject property
  • You must be the borrower
  • The mortgage on your owner-occupied property is being foreclosed
  • You must file a timely request for mediation with the court

If you qualify for foreclosure mediation, I will guide you through the process of seeking a mortgage modification. Even if you do not satisfy the requirements for foreclosure mediation, there may be legal alternatives available to you.

Save Your Home – Call My Middletown Office Today

If you are behind on your mortgage and your home is in foreclosure or is in danger of being foreclosed, contact my office to schedule your free initial consultation. Just call 860-398-4573 or fill out my online contact form.

R. Richard Croce, LLC is a debt relief agency. I help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.

photo of attorney R. Richard Croce